Thursday, December 8, 2011

Electronic Swagger!

Long before middle schoolers had iPods and iPhones to texted each other the children of the 90's had to "secretly" speak to each other the old fashion way...



Till this day I have no idea why anyone covers there mouth when they are speaking close.. it draws even more attention to you..Just talk you are already an inch from my face i can hear you.

But in the early 90's we were gifted with this amazing electronic device that was amazing and I begged my mom for months to get this. Feast your eyes on the Casio my Magic Diary



This amazing tool not only was a diary (I had nosy sisters so to have a diary with my own personal password was like something out of the jetsons and I LOVED that)
It was also a address book (back in the day when you could actually memorize your friends number by heart) you could also "create" a profile pic of your friend which looked NOTHING like them but you thought it was amazing.

You also no longer needed to whisper or write a note to a friend.(as long as they also had a magic diary) you could send messages to each other



it was a prehistoric version of texting :) My friends and I would chat all day in classes. unfortunately the range on this was Horrible so you had to be in the same classroom but hey it was amazing to me at the time. as if that wasn't enough they also put a TV remote control in it!! so my 7th grader self would always hide it under my desk when we would have to watch boring movies in class and turn the TV on and off..the teacher NEVER suspected anything and would always call maintenance to try and fix it. (sorry about that)

This device also had a matchmaker program where you would put in some information about the person you liked and yourself and it would say if you were compatible. I was NOT interested in that part however on of my friends would always ask me to borrow my magic diary to put in info about her and whatever boy captured her attention. That's when I realized I had a goldmine!!! I began charging kids $2 to use it for matchmaking purposes. I had electronic swagger:)

No comments: